Part 1: Energy
Online Reading Materials
Potential vs Kinetic Review: ENERGY SKATE PARK
|1: BrainPop Video/Quiz||7: Energy Transfers Jeopardy|
|2: Forms of Energy||8: Energy Lab|
|3: Energy for Kids and Energy Quest||9: P vs. K Energy Quiz|
|4: PowerPlant and Wind Turbines||10: Energy in Math|
|5: Energy Power Play||11: Energy Skate Park|
|6: Energy Forms Game and Phet Energy Forms||12: Energy Ninjas!|
Part 2: WAVES
Waves, Waves, Everywhere! Click here for supporting applications to help you understand more about waves in your lives.
Complete the Following Activities:
FOR A “3” PICK ANY OF THE 8 ACTIVITIES BELOW
|#1: Change Matters – Remote Sensing||#2: Waves Brain Pop|
|#3: Phet – Sound||#4: 3D Waves|
|http://changematters.esri.com/compare#5: Wave on a String||#6: Absorption of Light Molecules|
|#7: Shockwaves||#8: Seismic Waves|
|#9: Ocean Waves||#10: Science of Earthquake Waves|
|#11: Wave Simulator||#12: Star Light, Star Bright|
Instrument Help: Physics of Sound Instructables Instruments Vegetable Instruments Water Glasses String Instruments
|EXTENSION ACTIVIITES (MUST DO AT LEAST 3 OF THESE)|
|C: Wave InterferenceD: Earthquake WavesE: Where do RADIO WAVES come from? F: Space Photos!
Here are some other review websites to check out:
- Self-check quizzes: Chapter 3, 4, 7, 9
- Interactive Tutor for Energy/Electricity
- National Energy Education Development
- Energy for Students! – Mrs. Ragsdale’s Favorite Energy site!!!
- Cow in a Pasture
- Energy Quest
- Energy Links
- KINETIC ENERGY BRAINPOP
- POTENTIAL ENERGY BRAINPOP
1. Kinetic vs. Potential Energy- Look at pictures to determine which are kinetic and which are potential.
2. Forms of Energy: Thermal, Radiant, sound, electrical, etc.
3. Energy Transfers: How energy transfer between various objects.
4. Energy in Power plants- Energy Transformations.
5. Law of Conservation of Energy – Where does kinetic energy transfer to potential energy?
Forms of Energy Websearch!!! –> http://fur.ly/3gxh
Unit Plan: UNIT 2 – ENERGY unit